Re: [TR] must be a fuel problem

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] must be a fuel problem
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:03:47 EST
In a message dated 3/23/2006 8:55:58 PM Central Standard Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:
> The positive jumper cable grew very warm at it's grounding location-
> why is this?
>     Tomorrow, I might go out and buy a 700 amp battery as I am tired of
> trying to jump it with cables.

Just about any battery will do.  Your major problem is the connection!  Get
proper battery cables and bolt them up tight to avoid that power robbing heat
generator.  Get the battery you intend to use in the car, it will be fine.

When shopping for a battery tell them the dimensions and pay attention to the
post location.  If you are going positive ground get a battery with the
positive terminal on the right (with the battery oriented with the terminals
towards you).

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org