Re: [TR] must be a fuel problem

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] must be a fuel problem
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:32:41 -0500
In a message dated 3/23/2006 8:55:58 PM Central Standard Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:

> The positive jumper cable grew very warm at it's grounding location-
> why is this?
>     Tomorrow, I might go out and buy a 700 amp battery as I am tired
of
> trying to jump it with cables.

==AM==
Not that having a new, good battery around isn't a great idea, but it's
also possible that your jumper cables aren't up to the task.
Unfortunately, there are lots and lots of cr*ppy jumper cables out
there, with a wire gauge I wouldn't trust for good audio speakers, let
alone the current from a 12v automotive battery or charging system!

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org