Re: [TR] foriegn car flared fenders shown here

To: frede.thomas2@verizon.net, dorpaul@negia.net,
Subject: Re: [TR] foriegn car flared fenders shown here
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:58:27 -0500
Paul,

I firmly believe that each person who owns their own car should do what
they want to it so that their modifications, however slight or great
will suit their own personality or taste.  Personally, I agree in
principal to what Fred has said, though I reserve the right to change
my mind based upon how whatever unknown future modifications you, or
others might make to their own cars actually looks like.  After all,
you might make a subtle change that I might like better than the
original.  Having said that, I wonder what the reason is for your
desire to change the fender flare?  If it is aesthetics and you think
it will look better than more power to you.  I hope you end up with
something that makes you happy.  If it is in the search for bigger
tires on the back of the car then maybe all the trouble isnt worth the
effort for the difference it would make in how the car looks and
drives.  Personally, I have never driven a TR3 so my experience is of
no value in this discussion.  If I recall correctly, to this point, you
havent either.  Maybe someone on the list who has driven a number of
different TR3's with different tire sizes, brands and tread patterns
can recommend a tire that will fit on the car and have a similar effect
on handling or performance that you might be looking for.  While I do
enjoy a spirited drive in my car, the actual time I spend driving
anything other than pretty sedate driving is very minimal.  Are you
planning to autocross the car or is it going to be a driver, daily
driver, show car or what use?  I just wonder if the outcome would be
worth all the trouble.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley