Re: [TR] foriegn car flared fenders shown here

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] foriegn car flared fenders shown here
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:04:26 -0500
On Thursday 30 March 2006 23:56, Paul Dorsey wrote:
> Scroll down to the bottom of this page:
> paul
>
> www.specialtyauto.com/response.htm
>
> what do people think?

I think it's fine, but I don't care for Porches. The XK120 replicas are more
to my liking: http://www.specialtyauto.com/vernes.htm. Looks nice. Modern
mechanicals. Reliable. Fun.

Of course, a "real' one is nice (my neighbor restored an XK120 that was
featured in a magazine), but the reasons for owning a replica versus an
original are different; we all have different needs and interests.  I have a
replica Auburn speedster, but I drove it almost every day, parked it in the
supermarket parking lot, took it on trips, and so on. If I had an original, I
would be afraid to treat it that way. It also has creature comforts (A/C,
P/W) that make it a pleasure and fun to drive.

I'm considering a pickup truck from http://www.willyshotrods.com/MK1PICKUP.htm
just because it would be able to be used as a truck and be fun.

After all, having fun with our vehicles is what it's all about whether you
drive a kit car, a late model stocker,  a hot rod , or a concourse-restored
vintage vehicle. I don't really understand looking down your nose at what
other people do with their cars. I've certainly see a few that were
questionable to my tastes, but they seem to be enjoying themselves. I'm fine
with that.

--
Hoyt

===     http://www.vtr.org