Re: [TR] foriegn car flared fenders shown here

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] foriegn car flared fenders shown here
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:28:56 -0700
Paul Willoughby wrote:

> Remember that fiberglass body panels usually require some "work" to
> make them fit.  I bought a pair of the rear Beta fenders and never
> could make them fit.  In a fit of frustration, I ended up using my
> original steel fenders instead.

FWIW -- there is a Canuck widening a TR3 by 4"... he's doing it by
adding sheet metal down the middle.  On some panels (apron, bonnet) he
is using two cars and splitting the parts from each to add 2" to each at
the center line.  On other parts I recall he is just welding in 4" of
sheet metal.

Not for the faint of heart, here are a couple of photos, many more out
there if you poke around...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/TR3MOD/34front.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/TR3MOD/Twopieces.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/TR3MOD/Trunkmod.jpg

Guess with the leftovers he could make a TR3 that is 4" narrower too.

Paul -- I would certainly not say your TR3 V8 destroyed anything & yes
it is beautiful.

Geo H