Re: [TR] Battery Hookup, TR3A

To: lmtr4a@ctlnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Battery Hookup, TR3A
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 12:43:27 EDT
In a message dated 4/2/2006 9:33:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lmtr4a@ctlnet.com writes:

In  my
mind the Optima has many advantages with the most important being that  they
cannot leak paint and body destroying  acid.

Lou,
That is why I bought mine originally. If you drive your cars frequently OR
keep the batteries fully charged, they are probably great. The problem I have
had is that my cars may sit for several weeks without being driven. The self
discharge curve on their web site shows how much the voltage will drop. The
problem for me is how to deal with a discharged Optima. The last one that was
ruined was ruined by the distributor when he claimed it had tobe charged at a
very low current level, beyond the ability of most chargers, to keep from
burning out the acid. This was in conflict with their web site.
It was a hassle I didn't want to deal with any longer. They are probably
great so long as your system is in tip top shape, and you keep it charged.
Best regards, Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org