[TR] More LBC's with Big Engines - Daimler SP250

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] More LBC's with Big Engines - Daimler SP250
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 13:22:22 -0400
eBay currently lists a Daimler S250 (http://tinyurl.com/nu2uv). The car has a
2.5L Hemi, no less, and four-wheel disk brakes. Sweet.

The Daimler SP250 "Dart" was designed by a chief engineer that came from
Triumph, which explains a few styling cues (rear bumpers, seats, dash).
Production ran from 1958 to 1964 (2,600 built). Read an official history at
http://www.vandenplas.com/daimler/sp250.htm.

>From that page: "Insist on a complete car. While most of the electrical system
is genuine Lucas and available readily from Jaguar or Triumph dealers, the
rest of the car is full of hard to obtain parts. Prices for SP250's range
from $300 parts cars to $25,000 concours examples. Expect to spent at least
$6,000 on a good running car "with potential". Don't expect to spend less
than twice that to purchase a really nice car that's running well." The eBay
auction is at a little over $7k at this time.

It's an interesting car I've never been aware of before. It's not the most
attractive car I've ever seen, but the hard top version (see Photo Gallery)
looks OK.

Here's a few more links:
Unofficial Australian, NSW Daimler Dart SP250 Home Page
http://tinyurl.com/q3j3y

Daimler SP250 Photo Galllery
http://tinyurl.com/zsmgw

Daimler SP250 Books