[TR] Interesting TR3B on the 'Bay/Auction Prices

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Interesting TR3B on the 'Bay/Auction Prices
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:09:00 EDT
In a message dated 4/1/2006 12:07:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ZoboHerald@aol.com writes:

Well, no  way to be sure without seeing the car in person, of course! But it

looks to be an earlier red/black badge, and I'd really suspect that late a
3B
to  have had the TR4-style smooth letters rather than the earlier  ribbed
letters.

Hi Andy,
Rather late on this one, but according to Legend TR3B's had ribbed, smooth
and none in regard to the Triumph Letters on the nose. Mine has smooth like the
 TR4. I have never seen ribbed, but a very Late, Powder Blue TR3B from Texas
and  no letters Whooped My A-- in a TRA Concours years ago.  It was the only
time I lost, well err, I have failed to gather the required points for a 1st
place with the B a few times too. Agreed the red/black badge is a tip off that
 something is way wrong.
Cheers,
Darrell
BTW, I guess I am a paper $100,000 aire with these new auction prices for
TR's!  Good News, I just hope the owner of the 90 Large TR4 does not show  up
at
a VTR Concours and we have to school him on originality.  Yikes!

===     http://www.vtr.org