Re: [TR] More LBC's with Big Engines - Daimler SP250

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] More LBC's with Big Engines - Daimler SP250
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 15:43:03 -0400
On Monday 03 April 2006 14:33, Randall wrote:
> How does the layman know that
>
> > what he or she is reading is factual, accurate and complete,
> > especially if
> > contributors have variable views?
>
> The same way as with ANY information on the net, or in print for that
> matter ... He doesn't !
>
> Even the venerable and revered Encylopedia Britannica has been caught
> making the odd mistake.

>From  the Man-Bites-Dog Dept. --
Wikipedia:Errors in the Encyclopfdia Britannica that have been corrected in
Wikipedia
http://tinyurl.com/kms42

Check out a few for tips on style for correcting errors and commenting on teh
corrections in publications.

Of course, a big motivator for the VTRWiki was the ability to correct errors
in the Piggott volumes of Triumphs. Perhaps we need to get that started by
outlining the books to provide a frame of reference for corrections, comments
and additions.

--
Hoyt

===     http://www.vtr.org