RE: [TR] vintage air

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, jimbpps@cox.net
Subject: RE: [TR] vintage air
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:24:12 -0700 (PDT)
Some time ago (5+ years), I was in touch with a guy in Austin, Texas, (if
memory serves correctly) that was developing a "kit" to put modern A/C in a
TR6.  It consisted of mostly Vintage Air components that he had selected and
tested.  I remember it had a Sanden rotary compressor which was far more
efficient than the old piston style York.  I wish I could find that contact
info because his ultimate goal was to market the whole kit.   Perhaps he's on
this list or someone on the list knows him.

  I do remember that when I talked to him, he told me that Vintage Air was into
street rods and muscle cars and showed no interest in developing kits for
British cars.  He told me that he was on his own to figure out which components
to use.

  -Greg