Re: [TR] Por-15

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, tr4a2712@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Por-15
From: terryrs@adelphia.net
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 19:56:27 -0400
3 years ago, when I started restoration of my TR3A, I stripped the car down to
the frame, wire brushed the rust off, soaked with strong solution of Simple
Green, rinsed thoroughly, soaked with POR 15 Metal Ready (which is nothing more
than phosphoric acid), rinsed thoroughly and dried, then coated with POR 15
paint.  I used it on the exterior of the gas tank too.

All I can say is, that stuff works great.  Three years later, because I didn't
care to topcoat it, it's faded a bit, but not a spot of surface rust.  It's
great stuff.  Wish they made something similar for an antique cerebral cortex.

I do have to confess, clutzy me couldn't keep it off my hands, which raised no
end of questions at work.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A (Body back on and painted, waiting for nice weather and a
weekend to begin reassembly of post-running gear stuff!)
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org