Re: [TR] Replacing TR4A Steering Rack Bellows

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Replacing TR4A Steering Rack Bellows
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 16:25:21 -0700
Dave Connitt wrote:

>List,
>I am having a problem installing some of the clamps that hold the new
>bellows on by TR4A steering rack. Specifically, the intermediate and large
>clamps are too small.

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I thought the big end of the
driver's side boot was secured with wire and a twist... not a clamp.
Rather like the wire fixing the rear axle buffers on a solid axle car.
Zip ties will surely work but the wire is just as easy and available and
may even be correct.

It's a bit of fun getting that d/s bellows over the rach housing.

Geo Hahn

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.