[TR] Por-15

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Por-15
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 04:31:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List!
A friend of mine has a TR6 that he has been restoring
'on & off' for severial yr. [I know this sounds VERY
familar to many]. He's noticing that parts of the
frame is getting some 'surface rust?' [I haven't seen
it, & I don't know if it was cleanened & not 'cover
painted' or left bare metal]. I suggested that he use
por-15 on it. His reply was that he thought that ALL
RUST had to be removed.

Now I do know that there's many 'stages' in doing
por-15 properly. BUT  I do recall many replies in the
past that stated that por-15 will work 'well?' if
placed over surface rust? If so, then i was thinking
of also using it on my everyday pick up truck with
little surface preperation. [just to get another 5->10
yr. out of it].

So my question is: How 'clean?' the the surface need
to be for:
1- Long term saving qualities [restoration of Frame
off]?
2- Short term? [Rusted surface {it has pitting} that
hasn't any holes, but greater than 'surface rust?']

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org