RE: [TR] starting w/o the flywheel?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] starting w/o the flywheel?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:19:38 -0700
> There's a whole lot more to it than where you put your thumb.  In
> short, if
> you are pushing on the crank it doesn't much matter where your
> thumb is, if the
> engine kicks back you arm will break.  Always pull the handle.
> That way, if
> the engine kicks back it will pull the handle out of your hands.

Of course, it may still break your arm as the crank handle flies around,
especially if the crank isn't restrained by a guide.

Bottom line, Paul, I think this is a _very_ bad idea.  It only takes a few
bolts to temporarily hang a flywheel and starter ... I certainly wouldn't
want to risk broken bones for that.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org