Re: [TR] TR head stud confusion!!!!

To: CFisher@borgwarner.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR head stud confusion!!!!
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:30:37 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com

I have a TR3 with an old block # V669ME which we believe is an early
(perhaps 1949) Standard Vangaurd block, possibly supplied for a
Morgan....

I suppose I should just take this motor out of the car, take the 87 mm
kit I
just installed out, and put it in my old original TR3 motor. I bought
this
new motor with the odd ball block thinking it would get me on the road
sooner. Stupid me.

=AM==
Curt, hate to say it, but making one motor out of two, based on the TR3
block, might be the best course of action. I vaguely remember reading
about all the modifications of the Vanguard block that were required
for the TRs, one of them being bigger head studs and sturdier block
areas to hold same. Cracking around the head stud threads in the block
is one known problem even on the TR block.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org