RE: [TR] TR head stud confusion!!!!

To: <CFisher@borgwarner.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR head stud confusion!!!!
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:04:53 -0700
> I suppose I should just take this motor out of the car, take the
> 87 mm kit I
> just installed out, and put it in my old original TR3 motor. I bought this
> new motor with the odd ball block thinking it would get me on the road
> sooner.

Curt, I'm going to second what (I think) others have said.  Don't mess with
that old Vanguard block, just swap it with your TR3 block.  There was a very
good reason they made those changes, the old block/studs/etc just couldn't
handle the increased power of the TR3.  And you are trying to jack up the
power even more with 87mm bore rather than 83mm.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org