Re: [TR] TR head stud confusion!!!!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR head stud confusion!!!!
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:20:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>

Curt, I'm going to second what (I think) others have said.  Don't mess
with
that old Vanguard block, just swap it with your TR3 block.  There was a
very
good reason they made those changes, the old block/studs/etc just
couldn't
handle the increased power of the TR3.  And you are trying to jack up
the
power even more with 87mm bore rather than 83mm.

==AM==
...although the Vanguards used 85mm pistons and liners. ;-) (Sorry,
couldn't resist) But the point is that a lot of strengthening and
modifying of many components went into raising a sedate yet sturdy
60-something hp saloon car motor to a screaming yet still sturdy 90-100
hp sports car motor! (Don't forget that, during development of the TR2,
it was discovered that the windscreen glass needed to be bowed out
slightly in the center to keep it from blowing out!)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org