[TR] TR3 tight steering

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 tight steering
From: "barry papaleo" <bpapaleo@distributel.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:50:34 -0400
Hi everyone.
I recently replaced the ball joints, tie rod ends, and silentbloc pins on my
tr3 and have noticed that it's hard to move the steering by turning one of the
front wheels, however it does move smoothly.  Just wondering if this tightness
is normal because of the new parts or should I be looking for another cause
(overtorqued etc)?  Also, I have since removed the stator tube and control
head for repairs and refinishing and was just wondering if working on and
moving the steering with these parts out may cause me any problems with the
steering box, etc?

Thanks, Barry

===     http://www.vtr.org