Re: [TR] transmission shipping

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] transmission shipping
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:21:00 -0600
FWIW when I dropped mine off at UPS, the guy mentioned that FedEx
freight would probably be cheaper, he guessed by half. UPS from Denver
to Pittsburgh was around $100.

Also, at the big UPS facility I went to, they charged me $10 for
handling the wooden box because it couldn't go on the rollers in the
lobby for some reason. Turns out that for the same $10 extra charge,
they will pick up a large box with a transmission in it from your house.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

===     http://www.vtr.org