[TR] RE: Car Insurance

To: "Kurtis Jones" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Subject: [TR] RE: Car Insurance
From: "John Cohen" <jmcoh@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:17:27 -0500
However, I've never filed a claim with them.  That's usually the real
test with an insurance company. :)
Kurtis,
I have filed a claim with Hagerty and could not have been more pleased.
After my TR6 caught fire in Oct last year, I called to file a claim.  They
asked a few basic questions and passed me off to the underwriter, Encompass
Insurance.  There was a minimal amount of discussion, they never even looked
at the car and the only negotiation was salvage value.  Since we had agreed
value of $12,000 on the car, we negotiated a salvage value of $1,000 because
I wanted the car back to rebuild. They cut me a check for $11,000.  My only
regret was not having a higher agreed value.  If the agreed value were
higher, then salvage value would not be an issue.  They never asked about
driving habits, mileage or anything.  Customer service was great, I would
highly recommend them.  Repair of a vintage car is tricky for the big
insurance outfits because there are no flat rate manuals and parts prices
available to them.
John Cohen
76 TR6
www.triumphowners.com/701