RE: [TR] Car Insurance

To: deruiterville@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Car Insurance
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:27:30 -0700
> My car and home insurance are from the same company and are tied to an
> umbrella liability policy..I don't think I could tie in collector car
> ins. with
> this umbrella.

Might be worth asking, though.  I have an umbrella policy from Mercury, and it
covers my Triumphs.  Since they are not listed in their "blue book", it's a
"stated value" policy for the Triumphs.  But I was entirely satisfied with their
treatment after my TR3A was totaled in 2004.  They valued the car by taking the
average of 4 similar cars recently sold, and showed me the numbers.  Since I had
only stated $8000, they paid the entire amount and I kept the car (and it's
title).

But since I drive my Triumphs every day (when they run), "collector" insurance
isn't for me.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org