Re: [TR] Followup question on car insurance.

To: deruiterville@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Followup question on car insurance.
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:14:16 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/2006 11:35:17 AM Mountain Standard Time,
deruiterville@hotmail.com writes:

For  other drivers at fault, however, am I in trouble?  Will the other
parties insurance fail to value my TR4 properly and only give me  depreciated
value?

I'm sure I can ask this question of my own  agent, but I'd like to here from
others who have worked this issue.   I hopped on Hagerty's website, and their
quick quote was very good but  liability limits also seemed very low - for
liability I'd rather stick  with my regular carrier.

First, I would think if you had an agreed value coverage you could use that
as evidence of the car's value.  Maybe not, but it would give you
documentation to argue with.  I know adjusters are paid to say no, but
quibbling over
whether a TR4 is worth $2000 or $12000 is probably small potatoes  when the
average car price is running nearer $30000.

Second, I agree with the liability issue.  I've wondered, if there  would be
a problem with having two policies on one car.  My liability with  the carrier
I now use $300,000 limit, and a second policy with Haggarty, low  liability
limit, but agreed value and comprehensive coverage.

I guess I could call my carrier and ask.

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

63 TR4
73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT

_Far better it is to dare  mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even
though checkered by failure, than  to rank with those poor spirits who neither
enjoy nor suffer much because they  live in the gray twilight that knows
neither
victory nor defeat._ (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1949.html)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1949.html#email) _ Theodore  Roosevelt_
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Theodore_Roosevelt/)  (1858 - 1919)