Re: [TR] Car Insurance

To: Runamok714@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Car Insurance
From: Pat Fischer <pfischer@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:58:11 -0500
I have used State Farm with an agreed value policy, and it paid well for
my car fire. For other reasons, I have an agreed value policy with
Farmers. They have a good endorsement restricting use: "Use of your
insured car will be principally for exhibition, club activities, parades
or other function of public interest and occasionally for other
purposes."  I do believe that is about as generous a restriction you're
going to find. I have not had a claim yet.

I do suggest:
- give your agent photos
- have a garage owner with Triumph experience write a letter of value
for you. Copy to your agent.
- get the Blue Book value off the Web at www.nadaguides.com. Choose
Classic Cars > Sports Cars and go from there.  Give that page to your
agent. Insure to that amount. Or more, if you can.
- if you can find one that sold on EBay (as I did recently) print that
page and give it to your agent, too.
- Keep copies for yourself!
- Update the value every couple of years.

Enjoy your car! Congratulations!

Pat Fischer

===     http://www.vtr.org