RE: [TR] Considering tube shock conversion for 4A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Considering tube shock conversion for 4A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:39:06 -0700
> I haven't thought about it much seriously but since the two end
> points are
> the same it should lead the frame the same.

Are they the same ?  That's a serious question, I don't know the answer.
But if the upper attachment point is radially farther from the original
shock mount than the lever shock link attachment, then there will be more
(twisting) force applied to the shock mount even for the same shock
resistance & rate of travel.  The twisting at the shock mount is the force
at the link attachment, times the length of the lever arm.

And since I think the tube shocks are far longer than the original link, the
attachment point probably is farther from the mount.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org