RE: [TR] Considering tube shock conversion for 4A

To: <spamiam@comcast.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Considering tube shock conversion for 4A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 08:03:32 -0700
> Well, I used to own a car which came with the 7/8" front sway bar,

Relax, Tony, it was a joke !

> I suppose a rear
> would have been good too, but that car did not have one.

Most people don't like rear bars on TRs.  Adding roll stiffness in the rear
aggravates the "wheel lift" problem caused by the front roll center being so
much lower than the rear.  Personally, I think a soft bar in the rear helps the
solid axle cars, but I don't think it would help with IRS.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org