Re: [TR] O/D switch connections

To: mhooper@digiscreen.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] O/D switch connections
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:03:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>

I put in a nicely rebuilt J-type O/D transmission over the winter to
replace my slippy non-functional A-type. Previously I just had a switch
stuck under the dash for testing the unit. I bought an O/D switch for
the steering column on e-bay. I see that it has one set of contacts for
the switching of the O/D, and another that seems to be for pulling back
the lever. Looks like some sort of passing function. What is this for,
how is this connected, or have I been sold a unit that, although seems
to be correct (bullet connectors etc on the wiring harness), is not
actually from the TR6?

Mark, sounds more like a headlamp dimmer/flasher switch. What sort of
finger "tip" does it have, what are the wire colors, and does it have a
Lucas part number? It's possible that later OD column switches were
mechanically similar to the dimmer/flasher switch (I'm only familiar
with the earlier column OD switches, ala TR4)...and equally possible
that someone "improvised" with the switch you now have?

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org