RE: [TR] O/D switch connections

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] O/D switch connections
From: "Mark" <lists01@canleyworks.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 18:16:55 -0700

Ideally, the reverse lockout switch on your gearbox top cover
should prevent the solenoid from energizing when the car is
in reverse.

Having said that, there's something inherently untrustworthy
about relying on an electrical lockout (and a properly-adjusted
solenoid) to prevent hydraulic actuation in reverse. A leaky
actuating valve in the overdrive could also prove fatal.

Perhaps some smart person on the list could come up with an
unloading valve for the overdrive's hydraulic pump, and install
it on the top cover in place of the reverse lockout switch?

===     http://www.vtr.org