RE: [TR] Wiring harness tape

To: "'Jim Wallace'" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Wiring harness tape
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 17:51:37 -0400
Jim,
I took the easy way out and used a split plastic wire harness. I had every
intention of using tape but once I completed installing Dan's harness with
all the extra switches up under the dash, the thought of wrapping tape was
overwhelming. Unless your car is completely apart there just isn't enough
room to do the wrapping once the harness is installed. I guess an option
would be to run all the wires and cut them to the final length, use wire
ties at the assorted junctions and then remove the harness to do the
wrapping off the car. I'm guessing that the boys at the factory did the
wrapping off the car when our cars were built. I'll be curious to hear how
others have do it.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org