Re: [TR] Wiring harness tape

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Wiring harness tape
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 00:01:00 +0100
Hi Jim
I have used the sticks to itself tape (self amalgamating) and it is quite
good for making a waterproof end like where the coax cable meets the
satellite dish, other than that not so good. Insulating tape is good to
start and finish a loom run, but for the main taping it has to be the non
sticky loom tape, if possible make a pin board from your old loom and run
the wires out on that. When taping the loom, tape from the ends of each
branch back to the main run and then do the whole length of the main run
from end to end, that way the end to end run will hold down the finish ends
of each branch, the start of each run should be self supporting though a
turn of sticky over the outside will hold it still while you get started and
can be removed afterwards if you wish.

Graham.