Re: [TR] Wiring harness tape

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Wiring harness tape
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 20:42:34 -0400
On Saturday 13 May 2006 08:44 pm, Randall wrote:
> > What other things have people used with success? I don't think I want to
> > go with the non-adhesive stuff; it just seems like it wouuld be difficult
> > to work with..........
>
> I find that it's actually easier to work with than adhesive tape,
> especially in tight quarters, because it doesn't stick to everything you
> don't want it to stick to.  If necessary, you can always put a turn of
> adhesive tape over the top, to hold it in place.
>
> Sorry, no experience with the other stuff, unless you're talking about old
> fashioned "friction" tape.  It goes on easy and works well enough, but has
> a tendency to turn gummy with age.
>
> Randall

I have to agree with Randall. I used the no stick tape rebuilding the TR4
harness and it works really nice. I do have the harness out of the car that
made it easy. I used a small amout of regular electric tape to get it started
and it just works on so easy with a slight pull.

I used regular electric tape on the TR3 project and after 25 years that tape
really gets hard and makes the harness very unflexible. Using the no stick
tape will leave the harness flexible for years to come.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org