RE: [TR] Piping Perplexity (Electric Supercharger)

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Piping Perplexity (Electric Supercharger)
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 13:18:36 -0400
I'd prefer something sort of building up, not just on for 3-4 seconds,
assuming I ever drove a car with my foot flat on the floor. But with 2 psi
(and that is probably into a closed space, not a manifold with a hungry engine
sucking on the other end) I suppose it doesn't matter much when it's on.

Turbos run off the exhaust gases and real super-chargers run off of engine
rpms via mechanical drive. Both give a smooth application of boost due to a
variety of effects that can kick in at lots of points other than WOT. Even
nitrous will give you the ability to modulate the results. I do agree that
you're certainly looking for maximum boost at WOT. It's just that I never feel
happy driving at 100% power and no reserve left. It's a philosophy that has
served me well in other areas. To each their own I suppose.

Anyway, I believe we could all agree that this add-on toy is pretty much a
gimmick and no replacement for the impressive real supercharger work done  by
some list members.

Mark