[TR] overheating TR3a

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] overheating TR3a
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:38:59 -0700
Hi Harvey,
     Check the usual suspects: Is the fan pulley slipping, replace the
radiator with a better core with no crank hole, make sure the fiberboard
shroud fits around the radiator correctly, put in a thermostatically
controlled electric fan, make sure that the grill opening is not blocked by
foglamps and car badges. I've done all of these on my TR3A and it runs right
at about 185 even when driving hard on triple digit days.
     Are the carbs set right?
     Get an infrared thermometer and measure the temperaturs to make sure that
it is not the gauge.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA