Re: [TR] overheating TR3a

To: <harvoc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] overheating TR3a
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 19:45:43 -0400
Hi Harvey,
Did the car overheat prior to changing the thermostat and is that why you
changed it? Did the overheating just start? Before tackling anything with
the radiator, try checking some simple things like an excessively lose fan
belt, top and bottom radiator hoses. The loose belt has 2 effects. Slow pump
rotation (slipping) and slow fan speed (cooling). The hoses could be
collapsing causing a restriction in coolant flow. I am assuming the
thermostat is not upside down.  Let us know how to progress.
Alex Manzo
72 TR6
59 TR3A