[TR] overheating TR3a

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumph List)
Subject: [TR] overheating TR3a
From: harvoc@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 23:05:10 +0000
My TR3a '59 is overheating.  I have replaced the thermostat with the factory
recommended original repro from Moss.  Today the temp was about 68 outside.
Took the car for a drive and the thermostat registered a costant slow climb
(over a 30 minute period) to 185 and then slowly continued on toward 230, and
so I headed back to the barn and shut it down.  I tested the thermostat before
I replaced it.  What could be the cause of this overheating?

Harvey
New Haven, CT

===     http://www.vtr.org