[TR] overheating TR3a

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumph List)
Subject: [TR] overheating TR3a
From: harvoc@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 00:28:07 +0000
Thank you for all the responses. In answer to your questions: I can tell you
that the car ran cool for two years until it started running hot and that is
why I changed the themostat.  The hoses are not collapsing, the fan belt is
tight and seems not to be slipping, radiator cap is not leaking.
I will check this week the radiator and upper and lower hose temperatures with
an infared thermometer borrowed at my local friendly garage, and the water
pump.  The idea that the new thermostat is not functioning bears looking into.
Thanks for your suggestions.  I will get back when investigations solve problem.
Once again, thank you.

Harvey
New Haven, CT

===     http://www.vtr.org