Re: [TR] TR3 dash

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 dash
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 09:08:12 -0700
Ed Oot wrote:

>My panel lights have ceased to function and, as the couple of bulbs seem OK, I
>think that it may be the switch. I see that in order to drop the switch panel
>out enough to access I would need to disconnect the oil pressure gauge, and
>possibly the temp gauge and choke. Is there any downside to disconnecting
>these? Any pitfalls to avoid. They all work well and I don't wish to upset
>things.

You cannot disconnect the temp gauge at the gauge, but there should be
enough slack in the arrangement to bring the panel forward far enough to
get to the lights.

You will need to disconnect the oil line at that gauge and probably the
choke at the front carb for this approach.  Know that the holes for the
2 upper studs/nuts holding the upper edge of the panel are slotted, so
it is only necessary to loosen those nuts a bit then (having removed the
lower nuts) then bring the panel forward at the lower edge and pull down
a half inch or so to free the top edge.  Assembly, as they say, is the
reverse of the above.

If you are blessed with long skinny fingers (as were the guys who built
these cars) you may be able to get to the bulbs doing the 'dashboard
limbo' w/o moving the panel -- may depend on which bulb you're trying to
get at.

Geo H