Re: [TR] Car radio speakers TR4A

To: Chris Buckley <chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Car radio speakers TR4A
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:59:56 -0700
Chris Buckley wrote:

>I am loath to start carving up my new trim panels but need to install
>speakers for the radio. I am wondering where they were traditionally
>installed when the cars were new...

The usual installation on these cars was a single speaker in a metal
housing in the upper passenger side wheel well.  Satisfactory for
listening to NPR but doesn't do justice to the White Album.

Pics below show the housing used and the location where the bolts that
hold it's bracket appear in the engine compartment.

Images will be stripped off for listees but you should see them on your
p-mail copy.

Geo H

speaker.JPG]

speakermount.JPG]