Re: [TR] Which type snap to use on the body of a TR6for the

To: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Which type snap to use on the body of a TR6for the
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:25:26 +0100
Jim Hearn wrote:
> which type snap is correct to use.  I would like to use screw on
> snaps but see the riveted ones offered a lot.

As Deane Page commented, the rivetted ones were standard fit on all TR6 for
all markets. That said, they were mostly a waste of time (at the time)
because either the male or female would break in the cold. Perhaps the
plastic is more pliable these days. As many know, I'm no stickler for
originality and if I was looking to re-stud a body or soft top, I'd go for
the metal ones every time. The plastic versions were yet another example of
Standard-Triumph cutting costs rather than continuing to offer a better
method of securing soft tops.

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org