Re: [TR] TR4a transmystery continues

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4a transmystery continues
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:48:39 -0400
Getting closer now....
On removing the front cover and pushing the input shaft forward slightly,
everything works. It was the fourth gear and the synchro cup being stuck
(forced) together.
A thicker washer behind the circlip on the input shaft looks like it would
solve it, however I am pretty sure I have the original one on there.
I have my original TR3 box as well so am using it for comparison, albeit
many parts are not the same. The washer in question on  the TR3 box is the
same thickness as the one I am using on the TR4 box, which is about 0.068",
so I think it's the right one.
I have two that are about 0.092", one that is about 0.118", and another,
presently behind the difficult circlip, that I believe is also 0.118".
Now I am questioning which washer goes where all the way along the input
shaft and mainshaft, wondering if I have mixed them up. Looking at the Moss
Europe catalog gives me the part numbers but not their dimensions.
Can someone with the parts catalog identify these for me? Part numbers are
060078, 116496, 059443, 058949.
Looking at the diagram, I really can't figure out why I have two that are
TAI,
Jim

===     http://www.vtr.org