RE: [TR] TR3 brake pressure switch terminals

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3 brake pressure switch terminals
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:47:06 -0700
> As well as the difference in terminal arrangements, there are
> differences in
> the screw threads. Triumph were using switches with 3/8" UNF
> thread on some
> cars, and 27 NPTF threads on others.

I know that's true between different models of Triumphs, but AFAIK the TR2-4
always used the tapered thread version of the switch.  Other models may have
switched in the middle, but I'm reasonably certain the TR2-4 all used the
same threads (until the TR4 changed to a mechanically operated switch, some
time in 1963).

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org