RE: [TR] TR6 clutch problems

To: "'Paul Mitchell'" <paul@cynthesys.co.za>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 clutch problems
From: "StevesTR6" <stevestr6@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 08:23:00 -0700
Hi Paul-
  In my case, I called up Apple Hydraulics and they sent me a rebuilt one
for about $100.00 US. I don't know about having yours bored out because you
would have to obtain a new piston and with the labor charge you'd probably
be in a lose situation.

  In the case of the old pressure plate, yes you could have it refurbished
and perhaps your mechanic has not thrown yours out yet. I didn't want to go
through the labor of taking the transmission out again and so that is why a
new 0.75 M/C made sense for me.

-Steve

Just bled I, and it makes no difference. The M/C does say 0.7 on the side,
albeit very indistinctly. Two questions: is it possible to bore out and
re-sleeve a 0.7 M/C to 0.75"? Secondly, could I get hold of the original
Laycock clutch pieces and have them refurbished?

Many thanks

Paul

===     http://www.vtr.org