Re: [TR] PayPal scam (no LBC content)

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] PayPal scam (no LBC content)
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:17:25 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: tr3driver@comcast.net

  Just a FYI, I just got another one of those " Notification of Limited
Account Access  - Unauthorized Funds Transfer" emails purporting to be
from
PayPal.  The text of the message looks scary, notifying you that your
access
to PayPal has been "limited", "for your protection"....I'm sure none of
this is new to anyone who uses PayPal, so just take this as
a warning to remain vigilant.

==AM==
It's getting to the point that I begin to question e-mail delivery if I
do NOT receive at least one of these per day per e-mail account
(including my work e-mail, which I've never used for eBay or PayPal).
And they're so prevalent nowadays that I get a near-instantaneous
"thanks for reporting this...it's a spoof" e-mail from PayPal when I
forward them to <spoof@paypal.com>.

Of course, you can usually mouse-over the purported "link"...and see
that it does NOT go to <https://paypal.com>....

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>
across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

===     http://www.vtr.org