RE: [TR] RADIATOR NEEDED!

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] RADIATOR NEEDED!
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:29:15 -0700
> Ive got two old onesmaybe I ought to insist with the rad. repairman that
> he fix one!  What are folks experience with this?

My local radiator shop was able to re-core my TR3A radiator with a modern Modine
core that fit perfectly.  Only way to go, IMO.

He said he could put the crank hole into the new radiator, but recommended
against it as it would reduce cooling by 10% or more (the hole blocks the tubes
above and below it).  Since my car had no crank dog, that was an easy choice.

The improvement in cooling was remarkable.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org