Re: [TR] RADIATOR NEEDED!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] RADIATOR NEEDED!
From: "Mark Vaden" <markvaden@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:50:21 -0700
On 9/27/06, Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Ive got two old onesmaybe I ought to insist with the rad. repairman that
> > he fix one!  What are folks experience with this?
>
> My local radiator shop was able to re-core my TR3A radiator with a modern
>Modine
> core that fit perfectly.  Only way to go, IMO.

I did the same thing with my TR4, and it went from running at the 3/4
mark on the gauge to below 1/2. I have never ran over 1/2 since I had
a modern core put in the radiator. I would definitely recommend it.
The cost was far less than a replacement radiator - I seem to remember
it cost me about $100. Worth every penny.

-Mark

===     http://www.vtr.org