Re: [TR] TR3 vs TrR4's experience

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 vs TrR4's experience
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 08:56:41 -0400
On Friday 29 September 2006 10:11 pm, Paul Dorsey wrote:
> I guess the TR3 and TR4 driver sit equally close to the ground, right?  But
> I bet the driving experience differs for several reasons, among them are:
>
> because of seat posture,
>
> height of doors,
>
> nearness to nature,
>
> Its a smaller car,
>
> Hassle to install the doors window- so, you just bare the chilly temps
>
> Nearness to the windshield,
>
> view of cars bonnet
>
> vulnerability to being SUV crunched, 18-wheeler demolished, riskyiness,
> etc.- I would think that like parachuting some might even dislike it?
>
> (what does this list forget?)
>

> All this is still dreaming for me.  I drove across the front yard with my
> ailing restoration which means that I cant really say, NDaTr (never driven
> a Triumph).
>

> Thanks, Paul Dorsey
>
> 60 TR3A

Paul,

Ask this question this time next year. The TR4 is still a work in progress. I
had one back in the 70's but didnt have a 3 at the time to compare.

I have started the fender body work but will run out of warm temps before
completion. Winter is on the way so only jobs that can be completed indoors
will be done.

The 3 is comming home today after staying at moms during the summer to give me
more space in the garage. Wonderful day, sunny cool. SHould be fun.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org