Re: [TR] TR2,3,4 thermostats

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2,3,4 thermostats
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:21:07 EST
In a message dated 1/11/2007 6:06:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:

NO.  Blocking the bypass is a Bad Thing, as we've discussed.   Using a
sleeved thermostat is optional, IMO, I ran one just long enough to  find out
that it made no detectable difference on my car.  The factory  apparently
felt the same way, since they later approved using a non-sleeved  thermostat

Randal,
OK, since I have never done that blocked thing I will defer to your  opinion.
 I have always religiously used the sleeve.  Truth is  that a sleeved thermo
has in my experience never made any difference  either!  TR3B = HOT! Triumph
101 may need revised!  I was wanting to  say that anyway.  I don't like these
cracked heads all over the place at  all.  I am even thinking about putting one
of those new aluminum  Rads in the TR3B and taking the deduction.
Regards,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org