Re: [TR] and speaking of the calendar

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] and speaking of the calendar
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 15:19:10 -0000
Jim Muller wrote:
> Hows about telling us whose pictures and whose cars they are?

The Inca Spitfire on UK licence plates belongs to Tony Chapman, Banbury, UK.

I took the pic myself during the Standard-Triumph Centenary Run which I
organised in June 2003. If you look carefully at the background, Tony (and
all the other entrants) were in a nose to tail queue in a country lane owing
to a Standard Ten (Triumph Ten) at the very front losing all its sparks from
a duff condenser. This was quickly diagnosed, repaired - and the better part
of 30 assorted Standards and Triumphs - both pre and post war set off in a
long convoy towards a picnic lunch. The route itself followed all the old UK
test hills used by manufacturers and the motoring press between 1910 and
1939.

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org