RE: [TR] TR3/4 Tranny What did this UPDATE

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3/4 Tranny What did this UPDATE
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:38:19 -0500
> > Sure is baffling.
>
>I must be missing something ... how do you know the DPO didn't fish out the
>remains of the starter drive (as I did) and put in a different starter (as
>did) and sell it that way (as I didn't) ?
>
>Randall

I'll take this one, Ed.

Randall, Ed and I had the same thought, but Ed doesn't have a receipt from
the PO for a starter or starter repair. Doesn't mean that it didn't happen,
though.

Could the PO have gone off-road over a mound of gravel that the coverless
tranny scooped up into the bellhousing? Like those fire bomber flying boats
collecting water?

John

===     http://www.vtr.org