Re: Re: [TR] TR3/4 Tranny What did this UPDATE

To: eoot@citlink.net, terryrs@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: Re: [TR] TR3/4 Tranny What did this UPDATE
From: ScharfR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:04:40 EST
In a message dated 1/22/2007 11:08:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

Date:  Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:38:25 -0500
From: a list member
Subject: Re: [TR]  TR3/4 Tranny What did this UPDATE

I suspect that the answer to the "origin of the bulge" is that at some time
in the past a destructive event happened, everything was repaired, but the
bulging housing was re-used. At a time when these cars were less valuable than
today, and spare cases were pricey or scarce (or both), re-using a banged up
part - especially in a "hidden" location - wouldn't have been beyond the realm
 of possibility.

Bob  Sharp
64-ish TR4
Michigan