[TR] TR3a upper control arms

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3a upper control arms
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:45:13 -0500
I am suspicious that my shock towers are not perfectly aligned anymore...the
round tube that goes between them, and passes in front of the rad, was very,
very, difficult to bolt in place. The three holes in one end and the three
holes in the other end seem to be "rotated" relative to each other. (I have
another tube which bolts up equally badly so I don't think it's the tube.)
So I think I may have alignment problems when the car finally hits the
street, hopefully this summer. Are there available somewhere, adjustable
upper control arms for a TR3a? I thought I remembered the racing guys having
these but they might have made their own.
Which leads to: if I go that far, are the parts available to switch to the
TR4 3 degree caster setup? I guess this would be the trunnions
and stanchions (what are those called again?), but anything else? Upper ball
joints? Would the lower a-arms be the same?
TIA
Jim Wallace
2TS81417L
PS Pls. forgive occasional erroneous terminology - crs

===     http://www.vtr.org